Paris Climate Summit was a great success because
1) It was attended by 195 countries and most of then acknowledged need to control and limit emissions
2) Developed countries openly acknowledged that they had greater roles in causing climate damage
3) Developing countries argument that they need to grow by burning cheaper coal and Developed countries should find solutions for cheaper alternatives found resonance.
So, what did Paris summit achieve
1) Almost all countries, around 180, agreed to limit temperature rise to 1.5 degree C.
2) Developed countries should voluntarily commit $100 Billion to fund Clean Energy projects in poor countries.
3) Almost 180 countries has given their emission target for 2020 and developed countries must adhere to the targets and developing countries are encouraged to
4) There was no penalty for missing the targets, but every party is encouraged to achieve and emission are monitored
Overall it is a win-win for everyone and all countries has pledged to work towards cleaner environment and better earth